A place for me to collect things that I find inspiring, tasty, beautiful, motivational.
n. Basal metabolic rate, or BMR, refers to the amount of energy (calories) expended when at rest.
A person’s BMR is how many calories a person burns while not doing anything. It is measured most accurately after eight hours of sleep and 12 hours of fasting, although online calculators are commonly used. A rough caloric goal can be obtained by multiplying BMR by activity level. This is a less accurate measurement of calorie expenditure for daily living, but it is a good starting point for those learning how to count calories. It is important that those who are counting calories for their diet eat at the very least their BMR, but realistically should be consuming hundreds more calories. If one eats below their BMR, they risk serious damage to their body.
"BMR Versus RMR." ACE Fitness. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Nov. 2013. <http://www.acefitness.org/blog/616/>.
Roasted Vegetable Ratatoille from Amuse-Your-Bouche:
- 150g courgette (around half a medium courgette)
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 150g tinned chickpeas (drained)
- 2tbsp oil
- Black pepper
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 1tbsp basil pesto
- Fresh herbs, for serving (optional) – basil, parsley and coriander will all work well
- Heat the oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F).
- Cut all the vegetables into 1cm dice, and add to a baking dish (mine measured around 8 x 6 inches) along with the chickpeas. Toss with some oil and season generously. Roast for around 45 minutes to an hour, stirring halfway.
- When the vegetables are soft, add the tinned tomatoes and a tablespoon of basil pesto, and mix well. Return to the oven for a further 30 minutes, until the tomatoes have thickened into a rich sauce.
- Serve topped with fresh herbs if desired.
That man you see there, he is a 92 year old veteran from Norway, who was tortured by the nazis during world war II.
The upper picture is the picture of the “BOY London” logo, that’s so popular now days.
Then, on the picture under, is a known symbol that were used under by the nazis in World War II.
Now you can all think of what you’re really wearing.
finally someone made a post about it, everyone’s running around with the Third Reich Eagle on their chests
think about it
yes make it known. nobody ever talks about it.
Made myself a healthy dinner the other night! Loving using the indoor grill! Made grilled veggies with herbs, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar with a side of quinoa salad dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, green onion, and red pepper :)